Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kuala Lipis, A Town in Pahang

Pahang 30 March 2010. On that day, I decided to take a trip to hometown Kuala Lipis. I would like to share some of the photos taken by my simple Cannon camera..

1. Railway station
This is the view of the railway station, built in 1926. The semi-wooden structure still in good condition. Not much changes to what I remember 30 years ago, the ticket office slightly changed to enclosed glass, to make way for the airconditioning.




2. Railway station Pix 2.
The low roof  entrance to the railway station.
Notice the low number of passengers.



3. Railway Station Pix 3
The Railway. It was once the center of railway operation in the east coast.




4. The Railway. Pix 4


5. The Time Table


Not a busy station, 8 trains arriving (Dari ) various towns including Singapore in the south and Tumpat in the North, in Kelantan. Kuala Lipis is still the biggest station in Pahang, although much of the travelling is now by road.

No comments:

Post a Comment